USE OF ASSOCIATION BOATS
Please remember and observe the Association rules at all times:
- Maximum 3 persons aboard a boat at any time
- No anchoring permitted
- No fishing within 50 metres of a bank angler
- No cutting in within 100 metres downwind of a drifting boat
- No landing other than at the designated boat mooring area
- All boats to be bailed as necessary
- All equipment to be returned to the boathouse after use
- No petrol outboards permitted
- If all the boats are out. Single occupied boat users should be aware that they must pickup a second angler if signaled to do so from the bank.
Use of boats and oars
- Oars must never be used as levers to free a grounded boat
- If using an oar to push off reverse the oar and use the handle end. DO NOT USE THE BLADE TO PUSH OFF
- If a boat is grounded on rocks or other solid objects, wherever possible try to float it off by moving weight in the boat. If the boat is wedged on the banking, get out and free it before attempting to re-launch
- Any damage to boats, oars or other equipment must be reported to a committee member as soon as reasonably possible
The Committee recommends the use of personal buoyancy equipment at all times when using boats, that a mobile phone is carried and someone knows where you are.
During the season some of the boats will be under repair these will be clearly signed.
Do not use